What will we be doing in 2015? This last Tuesday we presented the museum’s programming of what the museum will be doing this year. Exhibitions, seminars, activities, presentations, restorations and family workshops, amongt others, will form part of the new programme that we have planned for 2015. Following you can find an outline of the main events:
Pablo Picasso, Woman in a Red Armchair. 1929. Oil on canvas. 65 x 54 cm. The Menil Collection, Houston
Hickey-Robertson, Houston © Successió Pablo Picasso, VEGAP, Madrid 2015 | Salvador Dalí. Apparatus and Hand. 1927. Oil on wood panel. 62,2 x 47,6 cm. Salvador Dalí Museum, Inc., Sant Petersburg, Florida © Fundació Gala-Salvador Dalí, Figueres 2015
· Exhibition “Picasso/Dalí, Dalí/Picasso”: this exhibition, that will be open to the public in March 20th, studies, for the first time, the relations between two key figures of art of the 20th century. The thesis presents a challenge with respect to the conventional historic models that treat the two artists as isolated, mythical and self-generating figures in terms of aesthetics, and politically opposed.
Pablo Picasso. Portrait of Dr. Jacint Reventós. Barcelona, 1900. Charcoal and colored turpentine on paper. 42 x 34 cm. Private collection © Successió Pablo Picasso, VEGAP, Madrid 2015 | Pablo Picasso. Portrait of the writer Ramon Reventós. Barcelona, 1899-1900. Essence, charcoal and Conté crayon on paper. 66,5 x 30,1 cm. Gift of Pablo Picasso, 1970. Museu Picasso, Barcelona © Successió Pablo Picasso, VEGAP, Madrid 2015
· Exhibition “Picasso and the Reventós”: this exhibition celebrates the friendship of Pablo Picasso with the Barcelona family Reventós over almost a century. Pablo Picasso met the brothers Ramon and Jacint Reventós Bordoy in 1899, thanks to the mediation of Àngel Fernández de Soto, a colleague of Ramon. From that moment on, the artist kept up a very close relation with the two Reventós brothers that would continue with the next generation.
El Greco. An old gentelman. Oil on canvas. 46 x 43 cm. Museo Nacional del Prado, Madrid © Museo Nacional del Prado. Madrid | Pablo Picasso. Portrait of an unknown man in the style of El Greco. Barcelona, c. 1899. Oil on canvas. 34,5 x 31,2 cm (irregular). Gift of Pablo Picasso, 1970. Museu Picasso, Barcelona © Successió Pablo Picasso, VEGAP, Madrid 2015
· Exhibition “Picasso’s Passion for El Greco”: the result of an exchange of works, the Museu Picasso will exhibit a masterpiece of El Greco that belongs to the collection of the Museo Nacional del Prado, An old gentleman, which will be presented jointly with the more than 30 pieces inspired by El Greco in our collection.
Reyes Jiménez, during the process of studying the work Barcelona Rooftops
· Seminar of restoration and preventive conservation about the blue period: the technical study carried out of the work from the collection of the museum Rooftops of Barcelona, 1903, was presented in the exhibition “Journey through the blue: La Vie”, in 2013. The feedback received made it evident that a seminar about different case studies of works from this period was desirable and necessary.
Pablo Picasso and Jaume Sabartés. Museu Picasso, Barcelona
· Master conference “Jaume Sabartés” given by Yve-Alain Bois: the second edition of the Master conference created in homage to the founder of the museum this year counts on the privileged intervention of Yves-Alain Bois, recognised historian of international prestige, who will speak about Picasso and abstraction.
Poster of the 5th edition of the Big Draw Barcelona
· 6th edition of the Big Draw. La Festa del Dibuix: this festivity of drawing is the consolidation of a neighbourhood project led by the Museu Picasso, in which drawing is the protagonist. The proposal of the Big Draw in Barcelona has been confirmed at an international level as a benchmark for creativity and an annual appointment in which to explore the never-ending possibilities of drawing.