No plans for the holidays? If this Christmas you are in Barcelona we propose activities for all the family that you can do either if you come to the museum or if you stay at home:
· Visit the exhibition “Picasso ceramics. Jacqueline’s gift to Barcelona”: an exhibition organized on the occasion of the 30th anniversary of the donation by Jacqueline Picasso of 41 ceramic pieces produced by the artist.
One of the display cabinets of the exhibition “Picasso ceramics. Jacqueline’s gift to Barcelona”
· Visit the selection of prints of Jacqueline: related to the exhibition of ceramics, a selection of prints has been made from our collection that bear witness to the relation of the artist with his last wife and muse, Jacqueline.
Portrait of a woman II. Picasso, 1955, print| Head of Marie-Thèrése. Picasso, 1933, drypoint
· Visit the selection of drypoints: until the 6th January you can see an exhibition of drypoint engravings the aim of which is to make this important collection of printed work of the museum known.
· Participate in the Kids’ ceramic workshop: an activity that explores artistic and quotidian objects, looking at how Picasso used plates and trays and turned them into objects of art.
Restorer during the cleaning process | Ceramic workshop for kids
· Attend the guided tours of the temporary and permanent exhibition: find out about the details of the works that make up the exhibition and the permanent collection from an expert guide.
· Stroll around the Neoclassical Room of the museum: after a meticulous work of restoration, the Neoclassical room, which is situated within the circuit of the rooms of the Collection, is open again to the public, so that you can enjoy once more the original decoration of this singular room.
· Visit the medieval courtyards of the museum without getting cold: a virtual tour to discover the secrets hidden in the courtyards of the various palaces that make up the museum.
· Read the next books of the Reading Club: relax and read the books proposed by the Club for the New Year.
Participants in the Reading Club
· Don’t queue, buy the entrance ticket in advance: take advantage of buying through internet to avoid queuing and the cold during the holidays when you come to visit the museum.
From the museum we wish you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!