Here we present you a list of the projects we will especially be working on this year that has just started. In recent weeks the whole team of the museum has been proposing, revising, debating, budgeting, and fixing dates for the list of projects for the immediate future. Here are the top 17, but they are many other working lines and open programmes, some structural, some in specific moments, which the museum is working on.
This year the museum is growing with a new building that will be the Centre of Knowledge and Research. This will allow us to give a major boost to the areas of debate and study around the work of Picasso and the relation between Picasso and Barcelona, a field in which there is still a lot to research and to discover.
1. Opening and starting up the new Centre of Knowledge and Research
2. Exhibitions: “Devouring Paris. Picasso, 1900-1907”, “Picasso. Comics on the frontline”, Lithographs, “Sala Esteva. The Picasso exhibition, 1936”, a photographic view at the museum.
3. Advancing in the definition of an autonomous model of management
4. Setting in motion the new multimedia audio-guide in eight languages
5. Publication of a new guide book of the collection
6. To extend the educational programme and resource centre for teachers
7. The museum outside the museum: neighbourhood projects, workshop in the Hospital de Sant Joan de Déu, proposals at the metropolitan level, touring exhibitions…
8. Extending the reach of the public programmes: Reading Club, workshops for adults, circus, etc.
9. Big Draw
10. Audiences study
11. Radiographic study of Works of the collection
12. Start of the Picasso collection of texts (in a joint publication with MNCARS, National Museum Centre of Art Reina Sofía)
13. Postgraduate in museum management
14. Museum workshops 2.0 and Wikipedia
15. Applications for mobile devices (iPhone, iPad)
16. Strengthening and broadening the Picasso network in Catalonia
17. Study and approach for the new museography of the collection
2011 will be a difficult year in budgetary terms. For this reason, all of us, organisations and companies, will have to make an extra effort to be able to continue offering quality proposals at the lowest possible cost, and to apply more efficient management methods of the resources. We all have a major space for innovation there.
I am very grateful to all our users, visitors, and you, readers, for your involvement and support for the museum. I would like to finish by once again thanking the whole team for their effort, the results and the enthusiasm that take the museum forwards every day.
What do you think of the list of projects? Do you think anything is lacking?