28th June 2012
With Bernardo Laniado-Romero at the front, a new period starts for the museum, with a lot of enthusiasm both from the new director and from the team of the museum. In his presentation of the new 2012-2013 season, he outlined the following lines of action:
- To consider the collection as the central axis of the work of the museum.
- To conceive the tasks and functions of the museum with an eminently pedagogical character.
- To foster the access of the public to art and culture, in a special way for those collectives that have traditionally been excluded.
- To boost access to knowledge and fluent dialogue between works of art and the public.
- To foster local-global access: on the one hand, in terms of its surrounding area (neighbourhood – city), and on the other hand, at a global level, through a creative and dynamic website.
- To offer a quality experience both onsite and online.
Self-portrait. Pablo Picasso. 1899-1900. Cardboard on paper 22.5 x 16.5 cm Donation by the artist, 1970 © Sucesión Pablo Picasso, VEGAP, Madrid 2012
Read more »
Posted by: Redacció del Museu
In: 2.0 Museum, Activities, Collection, Communication, Documentation, Education, Exhibitions, Management, Museology, Picasso and Barcelona, Publications, Research, Restoration, Visitors
Tags: 2.0, Activities, Collection, Communication, Documentation, Education, Exhibitions, Management @en, Museology, Museu Picasso, museum, Picasso, Picasso and Barcelona