If you’re in Barcelona this August don’t miss out on all you can do in the Museum. Readings, strolls, exhibitions, tours around Barcelona or visits without moving from your chair, you choose!
· Visit the exhibition “Landscapes of Barcelona”: come and see the exhibition and discover the landscapes of the Barcelona of Picasso. Rooftops, windows, the Barcelona seafront, the urban areas… all the facets of the city by the hand of the artist that are represented in the collection.
Pablo Picasso. Barceloneta Beach. Barcelona, 1896. Oil on canvas. 24.4 x 34 cm (irregular). Gif tof Pablo Picasso, 1970. MPB 110.073 | Màrius Aguirre Serrat-Calvó. Factories by Barcelona beach. 1888-1910. Modern print © Arxiu Fotogràfic Centre Excursionista de Catalunya
· Read the digital publication “Landscapes of Barcelona”: and if you feel like knowing a little more and you haven’t got any summer reading we recommend the digital publication we have produced. This is the first of a series of online publications called “Journals on the Collection” which are made available to the public free of charge about the works of research and diffusion based around the collection of the museum and the work of Pablo Picasso.
· Walk around the courtyards of the museum: consult the history and the architectural details of the courtyards of the palaces that make up our museum through our website and explore them in person by strolling around the courtyards these summer afternoons.
· Get your museum card: and if you want to avoid queues throughout the year and visit the exhibitions at a very good price, the museum card lets you enter as many times as you want, and visit both the collection as well as the current temporary exhibitions and without queuing.
· Explore the Picassian chronology: do you believe that you know all about the life and work of Picasso? From Malaga to A Coruña, from A Coruña to Barcelona, from Barcelona to Horta de Sant Joan, Paris, Madrid… Go over the highlighted facts and compare them with the other artists of the period, and you are sure to be surprised!
· Discover the Barcelona of Picasso (on foot): a tour of the houses where Picasso lived and worked and the places he frequented so as to understand why Picasso said of Barcelona:
· Contemplate works in residence: periodically our collection enters into dialogue with works belonging to other collections. This summer you can enjoy the works The studio at La Californie, Dwarf and Adolescent located in the gallery 16 and in the galleries of the series of Las Meninas respectively.
Pablo Picasso. Dwarf. Mougins, July 27th 1969. Oil on canvas. 146 x 114 cm. Private collection
Pablo Picasso. The studio at La Californie. Cannes, April 29th 1956. Oil on canvas. 195 x 260 cm. Private collection
· Take a good look at the restoration of the work Portrait of Carles Casagemas: the team of the department of Preventive conservation and Restoration has restored the portrait in oil that Picasso did of his friend from youth. Until September you will be able to see it in the gallery 4 of the museum alongside a sketch done in charcoal on paper.
Pablo Picasso. Portrait of Carles Casagemas. 1899-1900. Oil on canvas. 55 x 45 cm. MPB 110.022 | Pablo Picasso. Portrait of Carles Casagemas. 1899-1900. Charcoal on paper. 30.3 x 19.9 cm. MPB 110.653
We wish you a very good summer!